Business Law Practice Group
You’ve worked hard to help your business become successful and you shouldn’t be hampered by legal issues. With our approach we’ll get to know your business and find the solutions that work best for you. Our goal is to ensure your business runs more smoothly for you.
Low Murchison Radnoff is based in Ottawa, Canada. Our Business Law Group is committed to understanding your business and being your trusted legal advisor. We care about our clients and enjoy long-term relationships. Our advice is practical, timely and is delivered in a cost-effective manner. We work hard to help our clients achieve their desired results and continued business success. Our clients range from entrepreneurial start-ups to mature technology enterprises; small and mid-size owner-managed companies in the manufacturing, retail and service sectors; non-profit entities, charities, associations as well as large U.S. and European multi-national corporations with operations in Canada.
Our skilled corporate lawyers offer a broad range of business law expertise, including:
- Incorporation, organization and reorganization of federal and provincial companies;
- Contract review, negotiation and preparation;
- Corporate governance and fiduciary obligations for directors and officers;
- Trademarks, protection of confidential information, trade secrets, and advice on the creation and enforcement of restrictive covenants for confidentiality, competition and solicitation;
- Structuring, negotiating, documenting and completing both share and asset purchase and sale transactions and conducting due diligence reviews of target companies for acquiring clients;
- Review, negotiation and finalization of institutional loan and security documents for lenders or borrowers;
- Assisting franchisors with the development and preparation of franchise agreements and related documentation to ensure compliance with provincial franchise legislation in Canada, and advising franchisees on franchise documentation;
- Preparation of private placement documentation for both seed and institutional venture capital financings and advice to issuer clients on securities law compliance and reporting obligations;
- Advice and guidance to corporate clients on government relations and public advocacy.