John N. McFarlane focus areas include business law, corporate and commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, professional corporations for physicians, dentists and pharmacists, procurement, contract review and negotiation, commercial leasing, business succession and transition planning, corporate governance, estate planning, estate and trust administration, wills and trusts, real estate and secured debt financings.
John is currently a director/advisory board member of a number of local, regional, national and international companies. He provides counsel to a variety of owner-managed enterprises, U.S. and European corporations and not-for-profit organizations on a broad range of corporate, commercial, finance, contractual, governance, strategic and succession matters.
His interests include cottaging with his wife at Big Rideau Lake, fishing, ATVing, sports, his children and grandchildren.
- Bachelor of Commerce with Honours (Queens University)
- Juris Doctor (Queen’s University)
- TEP (Trust and Estate Practitioner)
- Law Society of Upper Canada since 1977
- Canadian Bar Association
- Carleton County Law Association
- Society of Estate and Trust Practitioners