Corporate Legal Assistant
Low Murchison Radnoff LLP, a mid-sized law firm, requires a legal assistant with corporate experience. The ideal candidate will have (3) three to five (5) years of relevant work experience in the corporate area.
Duties will include:
- Preparation and assembly of documents;
- Communication with clients (by phone, e-mail, etc.);
- Preparing correspondence for professional’s approval/signature, memos to file and file updates;
- Docketing and preparation and delivery of invoices;
- Opening, maintaining and closing files;
- Faxing, photocopying, scanning; and
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a law office;
- Legal assistant/Law Clerk diploma/certificate an asset;
- A combination of education, training and experience will also be considered;
- “Must have” advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, with excellent keyboarding and grammar skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail;
- Must be extremely organized and be comfortable working with electronic documents; and
- Knowledge of FastCompany would be an asset.
Salary to be commensurate with experience. For more details about this opportunity or to apply, please send your resume and a cover letter, in confidence, to Nicole McStravick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Low Murchison Radnoff LLP is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Low Murchison Radnoff LLP will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Low Murchison Radnoff LLP is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Low Murchison Radnoff LLP will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
Low Murchison Radnoff LLP seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). Low Murchison Radnoff LLP will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
Low Murchison Radnoff LLP strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Low Murchison Radnoff LLP will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.