Intermediate/Senior Real Estate Clerk
Low Murchison Radnoff LLP, an Ottawa law firm, is looking to add an experienced Full-Time Intermediate/Senior Real Estate Clerk to its team. The main responsibilities of the conveyancing position will include residential purchases, sales, and financing transactions.
Primary Duties Include
- Opening, maintaining and closing files
- Independently manage purchase, sale and refinancing files from beginning to end
- Complete the closing of transactions including coordinating the receipt of closing documents and funds, registration of documents and reporting; which includes invoicing
- Prepare written correspondence based on written or verbal instructions and liaise with other lawyers, financial institutions, brokers, lenders, government and others
- Communication with clients (by phone, e-mail, etc.)
- Faxing, photocopying, scanning
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Legal Assistant/Law Clerk diploma/certificate an asset
- Intermediate working knowledge of Teraview, Conveyancer is essential
- Experience working in commercial real estate would be a strong asset
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong attention to detail
- Excellent command of the English language is essential
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook with excellent keyboarding and grammar skills.
For more details about this opportunity or to apply, please send your resume and a cover letter, in confidence, to Nicole McStravick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Low Murchison Radnoff LLP is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Low Murchison Radnoff LLP will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Low Murchison Radnoff LLP is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Low Murchison Radnoff LLP will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
Low Murchison Radnoff LLP seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). Low Murchison Radnoff LLP will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
Low Murchison Radnoff LLP strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Low Murchison Radnoff LLP will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.