Jean-François Gauthier is a member of our Business Law and Real Estate Law practice groups. He joined Low Murchison Radnoff LLP after having started his career in law within a law firm specialised in Business Law, Commercial Law, Construction Law and Procurement Law. Jean-François offers a wide variety of services to his clients who may vary from individuals seeking to incorporate a new business, to parapublic institutions seeking legal advice on contracting matters or corporations seeking new financing to purchase real estate or equipment. Do not hesitate to contact him with regards to your Business Law and Real Estate Law needs, he will gladly discuss the matter further with you. Jean-François offers all his services in English as well as in French.
Jean-François is also an accredited Professional Engineer registered with the Professional Engineers of Ontario. He obtained this permit following varied work experiences both in the public and private sector, from site inspections in the field to in office structural design work. Among others, he was a member of an inspection team conducting on-going inspection work on the Honoré-Mercier Bridge in Montreal for a period of over 18 months.
Jean-François Gauthier is a graduate of the University of Ottawa. He obtained his bachelor’s degree in applied sciences (civil engineering) with concentration in structures and geotechnics in 2009. He then obtained his Juris Doctor from the French Common Law program in 2014. Both these degrees were conferred with Cum Laude honors.
His professional and community involvement include the following:
- Member of the Law Society of Upper-Canada
- Member of the Professional Engineers of Ontario
- Member of l’Association des juristes d’expression française de l’Ontario
- Member of the County of Carleton Law Association
- President of Sam’Aide community association, which lends support to students in need at his old high school
- Guest speaker (2012, 2013 and 2015) – Department of civil engineering of the University of Ottawa – Seminar on health and safety, licensing requirements for engineers and the work experiences of a graduate
- Guest speaker (2015) – École secondaire publique Omer-Deslauriers (public high school) – Seminar on career choices